Saturday, November 14, 2009

Lionel McIntire is a Wuss



I decided to ask a question online about this earlier in the week (source: NY Post) :

"The punch was so loud, the kitchen workers in the back heard it over all the noise," bar back Richie Velez, 28, told The Post. "I was on my way over when he punched Camille and she fell on top of me."The other patron involved in the dispute said McIntyre then took a swing at him after he yelled, "You don't hit a woman!""He knocked the glasses right off my face," said the man, who would only give his first name as "Shannon." "The punch came out of nowhere. Mac was talking to us about white privilege and what I was doing about it -- apparently I wasn't doing enough."
The question is a three-parter:
As a pampered prof teaching at an exclusive institute of higher learning, and apparently seen as some kind of 'world leader' (by somebody anyway), can you tell me:
a.) exactly WHAT are you missing out on because of this so-called 'white privilege'?
b.) What does this so-called 'white privilege' look like?
c.) Does it entitle those who do not have it with a 'You can smack around people who don't see things your way' privilege?

No comments: